Sunday, October 24, 2010

Life in the City

I live in the metro New York City area and work in Manhattan, so this would mean I have a great source of women to choose from. That is what you would think, but like many in the City I feel like I am on an island surrounded by millions of other islands.

I mean, I am really the one to blame for that (my island feeling, not everyone else’s, that is Obama's fault...hey, everyone is blaming him for everything, I got to join in while I can). So I thought I would write down some of my attempts of getting off the island as part of the therapeutic purpose of this blog, or something like that.

Last week was pretty bad in terms of missed actually taking a step to get off. On Thursday, on my morning commute I was in an insanely packed 2 or 3 train, can't remember for sure right now, and this girl was leaning all over me. I mean there was no poll or railing she could grab easily, but there were like a pack of other people, but every time we stopped or started she was all over my shoulder and arm (I look good in a suit and tie, she probably couldn’t help it. What did I do about it? Nothing, that's what, not even any smart ass comment, which would have been what was needed.

I just froze up. I was going to be like, "You know what they say about grabbing on to other people?", or "A couple that leans on each other stays with each other?” However, I chickened out, probably for good reason, cause those lines suck, but that is what I need to do. I need to start getting over that fear of making a fool of myself or giving a damn what a bunch of strangers that I will never see again on the subway think about my corny attempt to talk to a cute girl.

Same thing happened in line for lunch a couple of times this week. I just pussied out from starting harmless conversations, just froze with anxiety. Surrounded by good looking girls and nothing to say. So if anyone has got any idea about how to get over this anxiety, be my guest.

No comments:

Post a Comment